Book Covers

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Quick Kill By Thrillers Rock Twitter


Review and interview by Thrillers Rock Twitter

Quick Kill is a fast paced mystery/thriller by Patricia McCallum, which introduces readers to an endearing new protagonist, Sydney Granger. Sydney is a female detective, small in stature but more than compensates with tenacity and courage. Sydney and her hunky partner, Mike Stanza, are involved in a string of murders, all occurring in a span of a few days. Initially there seems to be no connection between the victims aside from the gruesome manner in which they died. Through some fine detective work, Sydney and Mike race to the final exciting, and unexpected, conclusion.

For a debut novel, McCallum has created a thriller that warrants considerable attention. Her characters are likeable and believable while her storyline remains within the realm of reality, not an easy task when trying to create a new twist on the serial killer genre. McCallum, a member of the IBC, is off to a fantastic start and a promising future with Sydney Ganger leading the way, solving a wide assortment of cases.

Quick Kill is presently #7 on the Amazon Police Procedural Bestsellers list and #1 on Hot New Releases - Women Sleuths!


Patricia agreed to answer some questions so we could get to know more about her:


1. Tell us a little about yourself. Quick Kill is set in Toronto. Are you from there?

Yes, I was born and raised in Toronto, then I left for 25 years to wander the earth. I have recently moved back from India and I'm attempting to 'settle down' once again! So far, so good. My next book might include some of the places I've lived in, so more of an international feel but keeping the main base in Toronto. Sydney loves Toronto.




2. While reading Quick Kill I was reminded of James Patterson works. Who are your influences when it comes to writing?

James Patterson, lol!! Thank-you, that is a awesome compliment for me! I also like Michael Connelly, Jonathan Kellerman and Tess Gerritsen.


3. Musically gifted children play an important part in your thriller. Has music been an influence in your life?
Actually no, that idea came out of thin air. Of course, like everyone, I enjoy music but I could never sing or play a musical instrument to save my life. Not even the recorder!


4. Sydney, the police detective/protagonist, uses yoga as a relaxation. Is this something you have tried?

I'm a yoga instructor. I practice Moksha hot yoga at the moment and teach chair yoga to enthusiastic older  ladies. :)


5. What is next for Patricia McCallum? Another thriller or a venture in another direction?

Sydney definitely has more adventures in the future but another thriller idea I've had for awhile is dying to burst out of me. We shall see...


Thanks Patricia and we look forward to your next venture. You can pick up a copy of Quick Kill here and find out more about Patricia on her blog, Facebook and Twitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment